Sunday 14 March 2010

Nail-biting solution.

Okay, so I've always had a problem with my nails in that I bite them terribly (in addition to all the surrounding skin, cuticles, etc.). I've tried Stop'n Grow to no avail as well as painting my tiny talons pretty colours for aesthetic motivation, only to chomp off all the polish imminently.

However, I may have managed to cure this addiction of mine once and for all. You see, two days ago, I managed to secure myself a bottle of Chanel Le Vernis in "Particulière" (bought at face value, may I add), otherwise known as the "it" polish of the season, following in the footsteps of last season's "Jade". 48 hours later and I have bitten neither a nail nor a fleck of polish (think of the cost-factor implicit in the incessant re-application)  -  understand that I have previously never lasted more than about an hour.

There is never a single cure for addiction; everyone must find their own personal method. For me, as a fashion and beauty junkie, I guess it took something elusive and exclusive to quit my habit. All may go downhill tomorrow, but I'm hoping that I will soon be blessed with non-mangled nails that are enjoyed by so many already.


PS: Happy Mothers' Day, people!

4 comments:

Jade Rat said...

Le Vernis de Chanel! <333

casey said...

Ah! I need that color! Happy it helped you kick the habit, too.

Lisa said...

As a nail biter myself I may have to try this method to stop biting them. I always think my nails look pretty awful when I wear nail varnish, but looking at yours they don't look bad at all, they actually look cute!

Izzen said...

Thanks, Lisa - I'm sure yours look cute too!