Wednesday 26 May 2010

Oh wow.

One of my favourite simple pleasures in life is tea, especially the afternoon kind that involves cake, so imagine my utter delight upon spying this magnificent edible creation:


Image Source: Vogue.co.uk

What you witness here is none other than spring / summer '10 Prêt-à-Portea afternoon tea at The Berkeley, created by the hotel's pastry chef, Mourad Khiat. Designs featured include those from Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Sonia Rykiel, Jason Wu, Yves Saint Laurent, Erdem, and Christopher Kane.

The truly amazing combination that is forward fashion and cake  -  what more could one ask for?

Prêt-à-Portea is served in The Caramel Room at The Berkeley from 1-6pm every day, £35 per person (£43 including a glass of Laurent Perrier Champagne; £49 per person including a glass of couture Champagne). To make a reservation for Prêt-à-Portea call 020 7235 6000.

1 comment:

Saskatoon said...

I'm going to have this tea for my upcoming birthday but I literally don't think I'll be able to bring myself to eat it!

Love your blog, Xxx

idratherhaveacupoftea.blogspot.com